Our range of Column & Boom Welding Machinery (CBWM), is capable of welding
pipe sections ranging from 30 – 2000 mm using multiple weld processes. Our CBWM
have been used in the oil & gas, mining, food & beverage, and processing industries
Australia wide. For the best in automated CBWM, Smithweld manufacture, configure
and commission the following products:
Unlike other CBWM on the market, Smithweld incorporates their drive systems
within the column. This adds a level of safety and stability not found in other
booms, as the mechanical drive systems are not exposed. Other advantages of the
unique Smithweld design include:
• 12 points of contact in the column for a super smooth vertical drive.
• 9 points of contact supporting the boom for an extra stable horizontal adjustment,
• An enclosed drive system is protected from external ingress by foreign objects.
• Reduced wear & tear and requirement for regular maintenance.
• Strong but lightweight reinforced structural design.
We also manufacture small scale booms with external drive systems and manual
adjustment for smaller jobs. For enhanced performance take a look at our Laser
Smithweld Column & Boom Welding Machinery meets & exceeds AS/NZS-3000-2009